THE BUYING PROCESS
We understand the relationship between homebuyers and Agents must be based on trust, mutual goals and understanding–this is why we always keep your interests first and foremost. The real estate process requires negotiation of complex issues; we are committed to working in your best interests.
- We will conduct a detailed CMA complete with comparable active and expired listings, recent solds and historical data relevant to determining a market value fo the home.
- We will prepare an offer that protects you, follows your instructions and matches your schedule and needs.
- We will explain the details of the offer, the terms and suggest options for specialty clauses.
- We will present and negotiate the offer on your behalf to get you the home you want at the price and terms you want.
We will provide you with a team of professionals you can choose from for everything from finances, inspectors and notary/lawyers so you are sure to have all your questions answered prior to removing the chosen subjects.
CLOSING COSTS - BUYING
- Legal Fees $950 - $1500
- Appraisal $200 - $300 for both a conventional mortgage (more than 20% down payment) and a high ratio mortgage (less than 20 % down)
- Property Purchase Tax The tax is calulated as 1% on the first $200,000 and 2% up to $2,000,000 & 3% to $3,000,000 and 5% on balance.
First time home buyers are exempt for purchases under $500,000 and partially exempt up to maximum of $525,000 (have to be a resident of BC for one year). Availalbe "Newly Builty Home Exemption for principle residence to $750,000.
- GST 5% of purchase price on new construction. If Owner occupied rebate of 36% of that portion up to $350,000 phased out up to $450,000
- Inspection $500 - $800
- Property Tax Adjustment Property taxes are traditionally due on or before July 1st of each year. Property taxes are adjusted to the exact day the property is transferred.
- Survey Certificate (houses) $250 - $350 The Vendor may be in possession of this certificate. For strata buildings a strata plan is used.
- Strata Cost Adjustment The vendor will be compensated for strata fees paid after adjustment date.
- Form A (strata) $50 Required by the Strata Act to show vendor does not have any outstanding strata fees
- Insurance Binder $35 - Necessary to show the mortgage lender the property is sufficiently insured.
- Foreign Tax Buyers who are not Canadian Citizens or permanent residence are subject to a 20% tax based on purchase price.
*Here are some costs to consider. Please note that all prices are approximate.